Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Transformations: 2006 Fashion show

I'm really pschyed because tonight is the rehearsal for the BIG fashion show/ fund raiser for the Boys and Girls Clubs. This is going to be one of the first times, in a long time, that I think I'll be really nervous on stage. The show is sold out and there is an expected 650 people that are going to be in attendance. The guest list includes Milwaukee County Sheriff, David Clarke as one of the Emcees, the mayor, congresspeople, and other WI politicians and people that have too much money, as well as high fashion designers, press and photojournalists from varying magazine publications. Time Warner Cable is also taping the show for broadcast on it's IN DEMAND channels.
The show couldn't benifit a better foundation. I grew up with the boys and girls clubs. In fact, I started going as soon as they allowed girls to attend in 1985. Before that, it was only known as The Boys Club. Later, I worked for the club and extended my experience to the Boys and Girls Club "after school programs", where I was the athletic coordinator for girls special interest programs at Walker Middle School and Mitchell Alexander School, both on the South side of Milwaukee.
The fashion show is no less than posh for Milwaukee standards. One of the dresses I'm wearing is on loan from Designer Carolina Herrera's line. It was one of the same dresses she showcased in New York's Fashion Week this past Feburary. I almost passed out when I saw the couture price of $52,000 hanging delicately from the silken tag. Maybe Carolina will let me borrow her gown this weekend as Kevin and I have to go to a wedding? Ya' think? Yeah, my dress would cost more than their entire wedding!
Well I have to get ready for the reahersal tonight. If, by some chance, you ARE going to the fashion show, here is the elite line up for tomorrow evenings events:

6 p.m. Reception & Silent Auction
8 p.m. Runway and Fashion Show & Live Auction
Emcee: Sheriff David Clarke & Male Model: Marc Marotta
LOCATION
Midwest Airlines Maintenance Facility
555 Air Cargo Way
Valet Parking Available
FASHIONS
AVERSA*CHARLES DWYER*BOSTON STORE*MISS GROOVE*GIGI OF MEQUON*ZITA*HARLEYS THE STORE FOR MEN*HERS*LELA*GARBS NUVO*PICARDY SHOE PARLOUR
TICKETS
$60 per individual unreserved seat
$450 per reserved table for four
$600 per VIP runway table for four

Wish me luck, and maybe I'll see some of the "Elite Bloggers" in the audience. Charlie Sykes maybe? Man, Aaron woule be really pissed then! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter