Monday, May 15, 2006

Mothers Day in Review

I had a wonderful mothers day. It was a little hectic at times, but hey, thats what motherhood is all about, right?

After a long day at work, on a Saturday, none-the-less, I rushed to Paulo's Pizzaria that evening to meet my family for my uncle Jim's birthday. See... even 60-something's still have pizza parties.
After a few hours of eating and visiting, I just needed to be home. When I walked in my house, I saw a stunning rose boquet arranged beautifully in the crystal vase Jeff and Jessica gave us when Kevin and I got married. There were two yellow roses (my favorite) to symbolize Vinny and Maddy, and one red, tye-dyed rose, from Kevin. Then they were accompanied by tulips and sunflowers. So pretty. Kevin had also hung up more of our family photos, and he found a perfect spot to hang my beloved lions head. No, it's not real. It looks like a statue, and I haven't seen it since long before we began remodeling our house. He got major brownie points, being that he found time to do that throughout the day. Granted, it's not like the house was clean or anything...but I totally understand, so that didn't matter to me one, single, bit. Then, Kevin and I stayed up late watching the movie, Monster-in-Law. Which we BOTH found very humorous.

It was just nice to be able to sit back, relax, and watch a movie without any interruptions. Of course, we had to do that at MIDNIGHT to be sucessfully "relaxed".

Sunday morning came rather quickly, as we needed to get ourselves and the kids all dressed up to go to the Silver Spring Country Club for the Mother's Day Brunch. We were meeting Kevin's mom, step dad, and his step dads family at the country club.
It's always an interesting experience, taking a toddler and pre-toddler (not an infant anymore, but not a full fledged toddler either) into a fancy restaurant. -Or ANY restaurant for that matter. Vinny got a major "shy bug" and clung to my leg like a bull dog in heat. Maddy is at that stage where she recognizes people, and those she doesn't...well, she's screams like a banchee when you try to hold her.

So the first trip I made to the buffet line, really had no rhyme or reason to what I was piling onto my platter. I had creamed cucumbers with french toast, roast beef topped with bacon and garlic mashed potatos with a side of pineapple. I was just trying to get whatever food I could, and get back to my table to soothe my crazy kids.

The food was amazing, when I got to enjoy it, but the best part of mothers day, was my gift
.
I got, are you ready for this....ZOO TYCOON 2
I'm not much of a gamer (though I did participate in GenCon on a yearly basis until those bastards moved it out of Milwaukee) Zoo Tycoon is my ultimate favorite computer game. It's like Sim City, only you develop and maintain the zoo of your dreams! You're probably starting to see why I love it so.

Aaron and Kelly actually began my addiction with Zoo Tycoon. I think they bought it for me as a birthday gift. Later, Aaron got me the expansion pack, that includes Marine animals AND Dinosaurs. It totally rocks!

So now I have a new game to play, and no time to play it. Ya' see, this is not one of those games you can only play for 20 minutes or so. I've wasted HOURS, upon HOURS developing and caring for my animal friends. --Those damn chimps are never happy. That was also before I had kids, and my role as a girlfriend, and then a fiance, were merely to only look smokin' hot when Kevin came through the door, so we could shag like minks after he had a long day at work.
My, oh my, how times change.

Still, I had a wonderful mothers day. I'm blessed to have my crazy little family, and I'm looking forward to getting in some much needed Zoo Tycoonin'

Thanks baby! I love you!

I hope everyone else had a great mothers day! And for all of you schmucks that didn't get your mom a card or flowers....know this....there's a rail car on it's way to hell, and it's got your names on it! You'll be taking the seat next to a blog troll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter