Wednesday, January 25, 2006

History Lesson or X-Files Episode???

Again, I've recieved more forwarded emails from my friend Amanda. I love her to death, but jeepers woman...when do you find time to work when you forward people 30 emails a day?!? Oh well, I'm getting blog material outta've it!

This one, like the Rumored Facts email I wrote about, also intrigued me.
So I will pose a brief question for you with some visual aid, for those of you who don't remember high school-- like me.

What do these two men have in common?

OK. I can hear your wheels turning rustily. Whats that you say? -Both Pictures are Black and White?

Alright, I'll give ya' that one. Now read the email. Maybe there's some die hard history buffs out there that might present some proof to discredit this very strange and highly coincidental set of factoids between these two great men.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday. Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln 's secretary was named Kennedy. Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners. Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839. Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names. Both names are composed of fifteen letters. (WOW. I hear CSI is hiring)

Now hang on to your seat. OOOOHH isn't the suspense killing you...

Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford.' Kennedy was shot in a car named ' Lincoln' ---made by 'Ford.'

Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theater.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials. Which is the way this should always go

And here's the kicker...

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland

A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

(So Kennedy was also in Monroe) Sorry. I had to say it cause I knew you were thinking it too.

So maybe Lincoln consulted with a highly sophisticated killing machine sent back from the future, that being Oswald. And when he saw how lame Lincoln's time was, Oswald called up his cyborg pal, Booth to knock off Lincoln for wasting his time. I can picture the moment of escalation:

"What do you mean there's no fridge for cold brewskis?!?"

"Naw, man, I don't mean TIME Machine, I mean TYME
machine. I need a ten spot."

"No ten spot!!! This tall mutha' F***** gotsa die!"

And there are other similaities too.

1963, the year Kennedy was assassinated, was also the year Dr. Martin Luther King gave his "I have a dream" speech. Without Lincoln's Emancipation Proclaimation speech, the closest MLK would've come to greatness would been to serve JFK some New England Clam Chowder out of the White House Kitchen.

SO now that I've gotten you to read this latest set of "rumored facts" go here to read the truth.

Or is it?

The truth is out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter