Friday, January 20, 2006

Turn Up the Heat, With Partylite

Since August of 04' I've been involved with the direct sales company, PartyLite.
PartyLite has been selling quality candles and accessories in the United States since 1973, and has expanded into many international markets. You may not have heard of them because we sell only in home demonstrations. I have found the most value in Partylite as compared to other direct sales companies (Avon, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Taste of Home, Passion Party) not that there's anything wrong with those, I've just found Partylite to be more satisfying for me.
So what's it all about?
The quality of PartyLite candles continues a tradition set by a New England schoolteacher and entrepreneur, Mabel Baker. In 1905, Mabel began to make candles from the bayberries on Cape Cod. Her business grew and flourished for years as Colonial Candle of Cape Cod. For more about Mabel, click here.
In 1973, Colonial Candle of Cape Cod set up PartyLite Gifts, Inc. to sell excess inventory of candles from their factory and gift shop in Hyannis, Massachusetts.

From those humble beginnings, Mabel's passion grew and GREW.
Mabel Kimball Baker died at the age of ninety-four, in 1965. That year, the business that was built from a bayberry was a $6 million operation!
PartyLite came along in 1973 as an outlet for the excess inventory from Mabel's company, Colonial Candle of Cape Cod. Today, we follow Mabel Baker's tradition of quality with a product line of over 400 candles and accessories each year. Candles are offered in more than 25 fragrances and colors, and a myriad of shapes and sizes. Where and how would you like to place a candle in your home? We've got the perfect one for you!

If you think Partylite is only a fly-by-night operation, check out our timeline of Partylite evolution

1992
PartyLite Canada opened, (yes Mitchieville...you too can have a candle party!)
1993
70,000 square feet of warehouse space opened in Carol Stream, Illinois
1994
Germany opened
1995
Carol Stream warehouse doubled in size
PartyLite Home Office expanded with an attached 20,000-square-foot building
1996
PartyLite United Kingdom opened
New factory opened in Batavia, Illinois
1997
New Home Office building adjacent to the Plymouth Industrial Park building opened, adding 100,000 square feet to the operating space
PartyLite Austria and PartyLite Switzerland opened
Opened a manufacturing facility in Cumbria, England
Opened a distribution center in the Netherlands (known as the European Distribution Center) to service Europe
1998
PartyLite France opened
1999
PartyLite Finland opened
2001
PartyLite Mexico opened
2002
PartyLite Australia opened
2003
PartyLite Sweden opened

So with all of this info, whats next? Well, Have a show!
WHAT IS A SHOW???
Relax at home, with people you enjoy. The PartyLite Consultant (thats me) brings you wonderful candles and fragrances to experience, and lovely things to enjoy. Shop for yourself or for gifts — it's so easy when you can see, smell and touch before you buy. And you'll laugh a lot, too!
Recieve PL Products For FREE!
Hosting a Show is a great way to get the PartyLite items you love at little or no cost. You can create your own list of the candles and accessories you'd like to have free or at half-price, and I will help you get them, just for having a Show. It's like having your own personal shopping spree!
Earn Special Offers!
PartyLite offers special items for Hostesses/Hosts just for holding a show. It's just one more way PartyLite says "thank you" to our valued Hostesses/Hosts.
HERE ARE THE UPCOMMING HOST/HOSTESS SPACIALS FOR YOU IN FEBRUARY!



















When you host a PartyLite Show, you’ll be amazed at the rewards. You’ll receive 25% of the sales of your Show as buying credit to choose whatever you want for your home or gift-giving needs. For 25% buying credit, Show sales must be $250 or more and at least one of your friends books and holds their own Show. In addition, PartyLite also offers exclusive free gifts for Hostesses with two or more bookings from the Show.
And I have some specials of my own for my valued hosts/hostesses:


If you would like more information on how the Partylite experience can illuminate your life as a consultant or to see more of Partylite's amazing candles and accessories, go here

Send me an email (or leave a comment) if you would like to book your OWN party with me
(if you are in WI) or if you would like a catalog sent to your home. I will contact you via email or I can call you back if you leave you number. Please, only interested parties contact me. Thats why I've held off this long posting anything on my blog about the Partylite business.
Let the party begin!







7 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

How long does it take for Partylite to process a return on a defective item, like maybe a glass bowl?

I've had bad luck with customer service in the past. My dining room furniture took a YEAR to get it right.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Addy said...

There are certain "loop holes" shall we say that consultants can use for say "friends"
But when certain lines have been breached, a consultant can get into trouble for those things.
I promised Kelly I'd get her the bowl...the same 110.00 bowl I used for HER party that unfotunately was broken when HELPERS were loading my car and broke MY bowl.
She'll get her bowl. Besides, you wouldn't let her display it anyway from what I've heard.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Izbaby said...

Hey Addy what team are you in. I'm with "Believe It". I have been on hiatus for about 6 months but plan on getting it together. The new catalog is Awesome.

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Addy
I'm not sure how or why your bowl got broken. I personally did not put it in your car nor did any of my "Helpers". I didn't know I'd be responsible for your display items breaking. Now that me and Aaron have a house and Ashley has finally corrected our dinning room set, I have a perfect place for the bowl I paid $40.00 for. I wouldn't have paid $40.00 for a decorative bowl If I wasn't buying it from someone I love, someone who has been my friend for so long. I don't understand how this would cost you any money. Partylite sent a defective/broken bowl you returned it they need to replace it. This should'nt be out of your pocket. I ordered this bowl in Nov 2004. I didn't relize how you felt about this situation. This is the last that I will say about the bowl. $40.00 is not worth a freindship.
Kelly

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Addy said...

Well I'm glad SOMETHING finally got you on the blog circuit!
I have no hard feelings about anything. I've been inactive for over 6 months so PL will not grant me any reorders. Diana said she had it taken care of for me, until I took a break for a while.
The only way I could attempt to actually reorder your item is to have a 400.00 party to re activate my status. In which case would cost me money since I have no parties lined up (yet).
I plan on re starting by having a "party" at my house next Sat.
I spoke to Diana and she said that she has a bowl for you at her house, and I can have it the next time I meet with her.
As far as the "helpers" are concerned, it could've been John since there were only about 5 people at your party and they were all of our friends. I'm not accusing anyone, I just want the situation taken care of for once and for all.
Thanks for commenting though! :)

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Addy said...

to answer Lisa's less controversial question, I'm in the DC Lights group, with Diana callen.
Like you, I've been taking a break for awhile since my daughter was born, we didn't have a completed house and I just wasn't giving it the time I wanted.
I look forward to starting up again, maybe I'll see you at one of the district meetings. We can make fun of Aaron. It'll be great

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

1994
Germany opened


Germany opened?

Is that the year the Berlin wall came down?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter