Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Big Gig at the Big Gig

IT'S FINALLY HERE! Today is opening day at SUMMERFEST, the World's Largest Music Festival, and it's held nowhere else, but right here in humble ass Milwaukee, WI.



Thousands of people come every year to listen to live music by headlining bands, they also come for the abundance of food, beer and of course, for the opportunity to dance drunk on a picnic table.

Summerfest has something for everyone...I usually just suggest leaving the kids at home after
5 pm. There's nothing that makes me more crazy than watching some pathetic excuse for a parent, drag their children through a sea of drunks rockin' out to Steely Dan, while they spill beer and ash on anyone who has the great misfortune to bump into them. For Christs Sake...if ya' can't find a sitter, sit yer' ass home! Summerfest will be back next year!

That was exactly the case for me last year. The timing just didn't work out for me and Kevin, and when we did think about going to the "Big Gig", we couldn't find a sitter for the kids, so we haven't been to Summerfest in 2 years.

Such is not the case for me this year though.

I have my own Big Gig at the Big Gig on Friday. I guess you could say I have to work, but not really. I'm going to be modeling in an editorial shoot for a magazine, and Summerfest is the location!


Wisconsin Trails Magazine is doing a spread on Summerfest and I will be playing the role of fest-goer with my "husband", George, who is a fellow model and really great guy. I guess the only down side (if you can call it that) is that the magazine is pretty conservative, and they were looking for more of that, 30-ish married couple. I was selected because of my look and compatibility with George, and I was told to look "more momish and 30's". I was like, "WHAT?!!! Thats what I'm always trying NOT to look like!" Oh well, it's good exposure. I just can't wear short shorts or fitted tops...it's probably better for the public if I didn't anyway!

So if you see a photographer and a group of people taking pictures all around Summerfest tomorrow between 1:30 and 5:00...chances are, thats me! If you don't make it to Summerfest this year, be sure to check out Wisconsin Trails coverage of Summerfest in their August Issue!
I'll even autograph your copy! It might actually decrease its value! ; )


SEE YA' AT SUMMERFEST!!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Addy said...

No Paul, there probably won't be a signing, since I'm sure less people read that magazine then read this blog! I'm kidding Wisconsin Trails, I love your publication and I can't wait to feverishly flip through the next issue!
However, the issue that includes the Summerfest layout will probably be in their "Year End Wrap Up" edition. So that might hit the stands anywhere between September and December depending on their distribution schedule.

I'll keep ya' posted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter