Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Addy's Friend of the Day

So I've decided to dedicate my latest blog entries to a friend a day.
New day, new friend!
In other words, this should be done by next week. So hang in there and visit daily to see who Addy's Friend of the Day is.

Disclaimer: No permission was granted by the "friend of the day" to use their image or personal information for the entertainment of the occasional visitors of this blog. The owner of this blog pinkie swears that no "truely personal" information will be shared out of respect for those individuals discussed and out of fear that I will become their next target.


AARON

I've chosen to honor Aaron as my first "Friend of the Day" since he's the one that got me started on blogging. Plus, like any good author knows, you always introduce the most complex and strange characters first to intice the reader to keep reading.

Aaron was the first of my husbands friends that I met when Kevin and I started dating. I don't remember why Aaron came over to the house, but when he did, Kevin felt the need to take a shower at that exact moment (of course) so a quick introduction was made and then Kevin left us alone so he could go shower. Now, I've seen some pretty good "movies" that begin like this, but don't get the wrong idea yet, this is Aaron I'm talking about.

For the next 20 minutes or so, Aaron and I made small talk about the electrical outlet on the wall, something I thought was completely strange, until I got to know that, "that's just Aaron".
Throughout the years, he has surprised me many many times, and not the way you'd think either. Pictures like the one of him above are to be expected, but what most people wouldn't expect is that he's super intelligent too, and not just the pretty face you see here.

Once I found out he was an electrical engineer, like Kevin and that they went to college together, that whole outlet conversation began to make sense to me. Then I thought he was a typical engineer dork with no sense of humor, and I was half right.
Aaron is pretty funny, but you have to get past the sarcasim and receeding hairline to truely understand his humor. It is riddled with political undertones and intellectual jargon that goes right over most people's heads. Good thing I'm an educated, washed up model otherwise I'd be lost in Aaron's world.

Another thing that most people wouldn't get from Aarons Blog

is that he has a heart of gold. When Kevin and I were getting married, we didn't have enough money to hire a photographer and a videographer. And I also didn't have enough girlfriends to stand up to company with all of Kevin's buddies. Plus I figured we'd never get Aaron to drop $130.00 for a tux, so we lovingly asked him if he would record the ceremony for us.
Aaron went above and beyond the call of duty!!!! He gave us the most awesome video that we'd never get from anyone we could've hired. It had footage from early in the day when us girls were getting "primped and propered" (in fact Aaron forgoed the golf outing with the guys that morning to take me, my mom and Kelly, my maid of honor out to Mequon to get ready for the big day) and footage of, lets just say- things Kevin and I wouldn't have gotten to see during our hectic day. He mixed in songs and "special Aaron effects" and completely blew us away with his finished product.
He really surprised us with all of the work he put into" just recording our wedding ceremony", and we'll never forget it. So if you're looking for an amature videographer to cover your next event...Aaron's your man!

Also, don't believe this harsh exterior that Aaron comes off as having. He really is a softie.
I may be destroying the image that his three blog visitors have come to know and despise, but it's true. When my son was born, Aaron was hesitant to hold Vinny, but finally did, and now I look forward to seeing Aaron teach Vinny all about Red Dwarf and the Cold War. *sniff*sniff* LOL

And in reference to a recent blog entry Aaron made about the Marquette interchange construction and how he's driven through New York traffic and it wasn't as bad as Milwaukee...
yeah, I was there with him and Kelly, and let me tell you...HE WAS A WRECK! Kelly and I were making him so nervous while he was driving.
For instance, we were at a stop light and I was trying to snap as many pictures of MACYS on fifth avenue as humanly possiable when Kelly and I noticed a police officer on the corner. During our LONG and BORING drive to NY, I made up a sign to share with neighboring cars that read "Boxers or Breifs???" and Kelly and I were planning on rolling down the window, and asking the officer (in a NY accent)
"Eh! How You Doin'?" then showing him the boxers or briefs sign. Aaron was frantic saying, "I'm not getting arrested in NY because you two want to be stupid!!!!".
Needless to say, you had to be there, but Kelly and I were dying from laughter.

In closing, Aaron is a well rounded individual that provides a group of friends with all of the ammo they need to have a great time on his account.
He's also a stellar guy that I would've tuned in to AM620 to listen to bash West Allis and defend our presidents actions. Thats Friendship.
Hope I haven't disappointed you Aaron. And for those of you who want to know more about My Friend of the Day, Aaron. Blog on to http://www.sub2change.blogspot.com and tell him what you read here.
As for tomorrow...Aaron's Domestic Partner KELLY will be my Friend of the Day.

Believe me, you DON'T want to miss this one! Neither will Aaron, he may learn a few things.

6 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

"He's also a stellar guy that I would've tuned in to AM620 to listen to bash West Allis and defend our presidents actions."

It was News/Talk 1130 WISN. Geez... I thought you were listening!

I'm speechless... I guess someone's getting a link for the second day in a row. You ought to submit this to the Carnival of the Badger.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

I made up a sign to share with neighboring cars that read "Boxers or Breifs???"

This sign?

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Addy said...

Ya' know, initially I put WISN for the radio station, but I coudln't remember the numbers to save my soul, so I changed it thinking that it was 620. Sorry.

Besides, who gives a crap, they canned your ass anyway. I just plugged their compitition! HA!

P.S. I STILL LOVE THE SIGN!!!
I forgot we took a picture of it!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Did you know I submitted this?

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have like 1,000,000,000 other things I'm supposed to be doing right now. Damn you blogsters and your incessant blogging that I feel compelled to read.

I just have to make a point here along the "diabetics can't read/spell" line. The sign you held up in front of 100s(?) of people..."Briefs" is spelled wrong. b.r.I.e.f.s. Not b.r.e.i.f.s! I do so love the irony. X-)

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Addy said...

Hey man, I was stuck in a car with Kelly and Aaron for umpteen hours...I lost part of my sanity that day.

I wasn't thinking about the appropriate spelling of underwear, when I NEEDED a sign ASAP to harrass New Yorkers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter