Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the story of St Patrick liberating Ireland from infectious snakes. So I'm not going to bother educating you on that.
What's that you say? You thought St Patrick is the Saint of all that is hoppy and brewsome...close enough.
This St Patty's day, I only have one question for you. The most important question really. The Irish Question.


Can any of you explain what the answer to this question is? The Micks are counting on you wits! I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Enjoy St Patricks Day! And as gay as this will sound, please drink responsibly. Coming from a non drinker, it's easy enough to say, but I don't want to be your new hood ornament because you don't have the blarney stones to take a free bus or cab ride or have a sober friend take your car keys.
And just so you don't think I have no Irish spirit on this festive of days, an old Irish toast to warm your hearts and bellies
Cheers assholes!

Oh Mother dear, I'm over here
and I'm never coming back.
What keeps me here is the Beer,
the Women and the Craic!

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Here’s to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold beer—and another one!

For every wound, a balm.

For every sorrow, cheer.
For every storm, a calm.
For every thirst, a beer.
Best while you have it use your breath

There is no drinking after death.

In heaven there is no beer...

That's why we drink ours here.

Be one who drinks the finest of ales.
Every day without fail.
Even when you have drank enough,
Remember that ale is wonderful stuff.

He that buys land buys many stones.

He that buys flesh buys many bones.
He that buys eggs buys many shells,
But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.

You guys came by to have some fun.
You’ll come and stay all night, I fear.
But I know how to make you run.
I’ll serve you all generic beer.

Here’s to temperance supper,
With water in glasses tall,
And coffee and tea to end with—
And me not there at all!

An Irishman is never drunk as long as
He can hold onto one blade of grass and not
Fall off the face of the earth.
--Old Irish toast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter