Thursday, March 16, 2006

My Birthday in Review


Now that things have somewhat calmed down around the homefront, I remembered that I didn't share ANY of my wonderful birthday events with you!
How emmensly insensitive of me.

So here it is in a nut shell:

Thursday (pre b day party prep): Started to feel a little under the weather but needed to clean my house that is always littered with toys and fur.

Friday: Woke up with no voice and no ambition for life. Struggled to finish cleaning, then had to shift gears to begin packing minivan with food, drinks and decorations for my party (in addition to caring for 2 sick little people too). Kevin rented a gym for me where we invited our friends to come and play volleyball and dodgeball for my birthday.

Pros- very sweet idea from the man, get to see my friends, and play v-ball
Cons- I was sick as a dog, needed to prepare everthing, and it was tough to enjoy myself completely because I had to keep an eye on my kids.
(Yes, Vinny did get konked in the noodle with one of my serves)
Then, some of our friends came back to our house until about 1:30 in the morning, until I needed to get to bed cause I had to work at 10am on Saturday.

Saturday: Medicated up with dayquil, I assisted my class in one of the BEST photoshoots I've ever seen "first timers" participate in. Came home and sat on the couch. Had tentitive plans to go out, but the flu and the husbands guilt trip kept me from doing otherwise. No birthday sex for me please.

Sunday (actual birthday): Though I still felt like shit, I Needed to get out of the house. So we packed up the family and went by my mother-in- law who lives near Cedarburg. Did a little browsing in Cedarburg, I got my special birthday apple (I won't tell unless you ask) and we got Culvers drive-thru because my daughter was having a conniption fit in the van. She was hungry, and we forgot to bring her formula...and breast feeding has not been an option since she was 3 months old.
My mother-in-law bought me Tiramasu and cannoli's in lieu of a cake and we enjoyed our Culvers at thier dinner table.
Pretty standard really. Don't you all celebrate your birthday's this exact way? Why wouldn't you?

The icing on this proverbial cake was when I was in the bathroom at work just the other day, I was pulling my hair back into a clip, when I noticed something shining strangely in the under layer of my tresses. ONE GRAY HAIR, only about an inch long, but definitely gray or white. Whatever it is that OLD people call it, I had it!
Now I've had time to contimplate the fact that I'm closer to 30 now than I am 20, but Addy was NOT prepared to see that in the mirror.
I've been able to accept the fact that my body will still retain some of the damage that having babies causes...even as I once again approach my pre-baby size 5 and now weigh 121 lbs. But I've gotta be completely honest when I say I was thrown for a loop when I saw that gray hair. As shallow and airheaded as it sounds.
I guess I've had too much stress lately. Anybody know where this post birthday girl can find a cheap cruise?
I do want to thank all of my friends and family for the lovely gifts and for coming to my little open gym -boree. Even Aaron played dodgeball, he was good target practice!

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Wow! You almost made it through a whole post without mentioning me.

Keep up the good work, kiddo. Or should I say "old gal?"

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Addy said...

I make it a point to try and mention you in many posts...
you're my version of Where's Waldo, called, "Where's Waldork?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter