Monday, January 09, 2006

James Denton: Addy's hot new friend



This weekend, I had the pleasure to meet Desperate Housewives naughty plumber, James Denton. James plays the character of Mike, who has been Susan's love interest (Played by Terri Hatcher, also hot) since the inception of this addictive show. Though James did say Susan's character wil be moving on to another love interest, a docter, in the next few episodes.
I asked Jamie about his involvement with Country singer, Deana Carter. It was rumored that her hit song "Strawberry Wine"(one of my personal favs) was written about him. Jamie put the rumor to rest and verified that the rumor was true. They dated through high school and college, and, well maybe Deana's lyrics better explain:

He was workin' through college,
on my grandpas farm.
I was thirstin' for knowledge,
and he had a car.
Yeah, I was caught somewhere
between a woman and a child
One restless summer we found
love growing wild. On the
banks of a river, on a
well beaten path, it's funny
how those memories they last
like stawberry wine,
seventeen
the hot July moon,
saw everything.
My first taste of love,
oh, bittersweet, but green on
the vine...
like strawberry wine.


I still remember,
when 30 was old
my biggest fear was spetember,
when he had to go.
I few cards and letters
and one long distance call
we drifted away
like the leaves in the fall
But year after year I come back to this place
just to remember the taste...
of strawberry wine
seventeen
the hot July moon
saw everything
my first taste of love
woah, bittersweet
but green on the vine
like strawberry wine

The fields have grown over
now
years since they've seen the plow
there's nothin' time
hasn't touched,
was it really him
or the loss of
my innocence
I'd been missin' so much

blah blah wine, seventeen
somethin about a moon
nutterbutters are sweet...

Anyway, thats the song, and I told Jamie that now every time I hear it, I think of HIM.
Truth to be told, if I had any innocence left to lose, I'd let him be the one to find it!
Hear me out, it's not like he's the most amazing man I've ever laid eyes on, by marital obligation I have to say Kevin is, but Denton has that same quality guys label women as "the girl next door".
He's the boy next door. Innocent looking, but those are usually the most dangerous ones...And I dig that about a man. So I wanted to see what kind of a Desperate Housewife I would be on the show. Since we're such good pals and all, I may get a walk on role one day! -Right.
So I'm going to take the Desperate Housewives Test




Maybe I'd be Mikes kind of girl if I moved on to Wisteria Lane!
Even he's laughing at me. I'm probably not Mike's type, but it's worth a try. I'm someone's kind of girl.










Oddly enough, I came up as Gabrielle. I thought for sure I was more of a Susan. It must have been the fashion ???'s because we're not even CLOSE to having a hot gardener or money. If I only Looked like Gabrielle, than I'd be happy, as would Kevin I'm sure.

Here was my description:
You could say that life's just about pretty dresses and expensive gifts to you, but you're looking for something more. You'll find it someday, as long as you can stay out of trouble. And away from hot, young Gardeners.
I took the test twice, different ???'s, same result. I've got to satrt watching the show more so I know how to act, or how NOT to act!



























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter