Saturday, January 07, 2006

I Got the Shout Out Diggity

If you've read some of my previous posts, more likely than not, you've seen a link to a blog entitled Mitchieville
I began visiting them after a random introduction that included me clicking the "next blog" button. There, I read a post about Canada wanting to invade the US. Normally, I laugh at such things, but I didn't understand at the time, the tounge-and-cheek writing that comes off as very legitimate when you first read it. So I blogged about it, and also made a half-assed comment on their blog.
Well, that opened the flood gates and it was open Addy season for the Canadians. The mounties came in here with fingers blazing as they slew stereo types about farmers and cheese all over my post. It really was good fun, and since, I visit Mitchieville every now and again, and they grace my pages occasionally as well.

So when I visited them today, I was shocked (and a little nervous) when I glanced down their latest posts and saw my name. Needless to say, my fears were unfounded because the Mayor gave me a very nice "shout out" as we say in the hood. I'll give ya' a few scribbles of what the Mayor had to say, but you should go visit Mithieville yourself and be the Neosporin on that US/Canadian papercut that never seems to fade...


I have to tell you something before I continue. Addy has two children and a husband who she dearly loves. I know that, you know that,
the mute half-wit at the end of the street knows that. She loves her kids, she
loves her husband, she probably somehow even loves living in Wisconsin.
Now, I'm going to try to say this with all the respect she deserves, and no pervertedness on my part, but Addy could be one of the most beautiful women that I have ever seen in my life. Seriously, go to her September archives and scroll down, I'll wait right here, there's no rush.
AND HE WAITED...
See! Didn't I tell you.
I'm not trying to embarrass Addy, but there's also a pic of her and three girlfriends that when I first saw it I immediately screamed, "God Bless America". And I'm Canadian. Of all my years of surfing the net, I have to tell you that it is the finest picture of four clothed women, that haven't been PhotoShopped, that I have ever seen, Well, close anyway.
This is the picture I think he was referring to
And the generous Mayor even shared with his Mitchieville followers, a little about Kevin:
BTW, her husband is in the military, so don't be stupid and leave a hee-haw comment when you go see her pic, or he'll most likely look you up and rip out your spine and beat you to death with it.
He knows me so well.
So I'm going to put up a permanent link to Mitchieville on my blog. May not be a big thing for most of you, since everyone seems to have 20 or 30 links to other blogs posted on theirs. For me, it's an important thing. I only have a link to Aaron's blog on here and it's because Aaron put it on here himself! The only reason I haven't done it more is because html coding scares me a little and I'm not quite profecient in it yet.
Come Hell or High Water I will honor my Canadian pals with the "shout back" that they deserve. Yeah, that was kinda' gay but it came from the heart.
Now go Visit Mitchieville you computer crack addicts!
And since I scored very low on the subject of Pride when I took the 7 Deadly Sins Quiz I feel confidant that I can post up some of my other photos here without being completely full of myself. The Mayor said we were such good friends that I could send him photos of myself. Well this is the next best (and only) other option I offer to shamelessy boost my blogger traffic. Maybe I'll lay Aaron's hit counter to rest. Probably not. He's got a devoted following, rightfully so. But he's not ME.
I was a Bacardi girl. Yeah,trashy I know!But Fun!
I'm really not that much taller than this male model. I'm just standing on a raised platform.

This one to the right was always my dad's favorite pic. I look like a cheerleader with that french poodle hair!

6 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger The Mayor said...

Yes, Addy, you are on the radar now. Very nice to have you on board.

Fenris Badwulf

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Addy said...

Thanks, I look forward to it!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Maybe I'll lay Aaron's hit counter to rest.

Your hits will probably exceed mine by the end of the month, your counter increments with each page load. Mine counts each IP separately. It's like comparing apples to aircraft.

Check out statcounter.com. I've been using that for about a week, and it tells me all kinds of neat things about my visitors, and what key word searches are bringing them in.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

I only have a link to Aaron's blog on here and it's because Aaron put it on here himself!

BTW: Comments like that will put you in the penalty box.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Addy said...

"Your counter increments with each page load"

I changed counter styles and when I rebooted it, the updated # popped up so I kept it. Other than that, i have no other knowledge of how to even alter those things...I'm lucky I got the damn thing posted on here!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

I don't know much about it either. But, you got yours from the same site as me.

They described two options: one which increments with each page load, and the other that counts unique visitors.

Statcounter is much better for monitoring traffic, anyway. Now I know how many page loads I get, how many unique visitors, and how many repeats. I also know whether people are actually reading stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter